The Helicopter services of the RS fleet consists of three helicopters SA-341/342 Gazelle and one Bell 206 helicopter.
Bell 206 belongs to a family of commercial helicopters from the Canadian manufacturer Bell Helicopters. Bell 206 Jet Ranger, powered by a single engine type Alison 250, was a huge commercial success. Today it is one of the most popular helicopters and has been produced in large numbers. The basic version has five seats; for two pilots in the front and for three passengers in the rear. Bell has also developed a version with seven seats which is named Bell 206 Long Ranger. On January 24th, 2008 the end of production was announced for 2010, when the last ordered helicopters were delivered to customers.
Bell 206 B3 Jet Ranger
- Crew: 1 pilot
- Capacity:4 passengers or 2 recumbent patients + patient companion
- Length: 39 ft 8 in (12.11 m)
- Main rotor diameter: 33 ft 4 in (10.16 m)
- Height: 9 ft 4 in (2.83 m)
- Main rotor area: 872 ft² (81.1 m²)
- Empty weight: 1,834 lb (832 kg)
- Max. Take off weight: 3,200 lb (1,451 kg)
- Engine: 1 × “ Allison 250-C20B – 420 “
- Maximum speed: 130 knots (224 km/h)
- Range: 374 nmi (430 mi, 693 km)
- Service ceiling: 13500 ft (4,115 m)
- Rate of climb: 1350 ft/min (6.9 m/s)
SA 341/342 Газела is a French light multipurpose helicopter. Developed and manufactured by the French company Aérospatiale in cooperation with the British Westland Helicopters. It was produced in Yugoslavia and in Egypt under license. In Yugoslavia, the license is led and coordinated by the Aeronautical Technical Institute, Gazelle was assembled in the factory SOKO in Mostar, engines were produced in the motor industry “21 May” in Rakovica, and the rest was done by subcontractors, members of the aviation industry within Yugoslavia.
Gazelles have been in operational use in France, the UK and in the states formed after the breakup of Yugoslavia, as well as in several other countries in the world. They were used in many armed conflicts, for military and medical transport and as battle helicopters. Gazelle is also very popular helicopter in civil variants. Although, it has been present for a long time, this helicopter is still operational in many countries of the world.
SA 341/342 Gazelle
- Crew: 1 pilot
- Capacity: 4 passengers or a recumbent patient + companion
- Length: 11.97 m
- Main rotor diameter: 10.50 m
- Height: 3.15 m
- Empty weight: 975 kg
- Max. Takeoff weight: 1,800/2000 kg
- Engine: 1 × Аstazou IIIА / Astazou XIV М
- Maximum speed: 310 km/h
- Range: 650/754 km
- Service ceiling: 6000 m