The Helicopter Service of the Republic of Srpska fleet consists of one AW119Kx “Koala” helicopter and one Bell 206B helicopter.
AW 119 Kx “Koala” is a single-engine multi-role helicopter manufactured by “Leonardo S.p.A.” Italy / USA. The AW 119 Kx “Koala” helicopter is powered by a Pratt & Whitney PT6B-37A engine, 1002 shp. The basic version has eight seats (front – two for pilots and rear – six for passengers or one pilot / seven passengers or a stretcher patient accompanied with a Doctor and nurse).
One of the main reasons for the introduction of this type of helicopter in the fleet of the RS Helicopter Service is the beginning of air operations “firefighting”, for which this type of helicopter has shown excellent results in the world, especially in Europe (Spain, Portugal and Italy) and South America (Chile).
AW 119 Kx “Koala”
- Crew: 1 pilot
- Capacity: 7 passengers or 1 stretcher patient accompanied with 1 doctor and 1 nurse
- Length: 12.92 m
- Rotor diameter: 10.83 m
- Height: 3.60 m
- Еmpty weight: 1900 kg
- Maximum take off weight: 2850 kg
- Engine: 1 × Pratt & Whitney PT6B-37A, 1002 shp
- Maximum speed: 152 knots (282 km/h)
- Cruising speed: 131 knots (244 km/h)
- Range: 787 km (with additional fuel cell installed)
- Maximum altitude: 15,000 ft (4572 m)
Additional equipment and avionics:
- Maximum load hook (1400 kg)
- Hoist (204 kg)
- Bambi Bucket equipment for firefighting
- Rappelling kit
- Landing light
- Search light
- MaxViz 2300 EVS camera
- Stretcher with installation
- Autopilot AFCS 3-axis duplex
- Garmin G1000H Integrated Flight Deck
Bell 206 belongs to a family of commercial helicopters from the Canadian manufacturer Bell Helicopters. Bell 206 Jet Ranger, powered by a single engine type Alison 250, was a huge commercial success. Today it is one of the most popular helicopters and has been produced in large numbers. The basic version has five seats; for two pilots in the front and for three passengers in the rear. Bell has also developed a version with seven seats which is named Bell 206 Long Ranger. On January 24th, 2008 the end of production was announced for 2010, when the last ordered helicopters were delivered to customers.
Bell 206 B3 Jet Ranger
- Crew: 1 pilot
- Capacity:4 passengers or 2 recumbent patients + patient companion
- Length: 39 ft 8 in (12.11 m)
- Main rotor diameter: 33 ft 4 in (10.16 m)
- Height: 9 ft 4 in (2.83 m)
- Main rotor area: 872 ft² (81.1 m²)
- Empty weight: 1,834 lb (832 kg)
- Max. Take off weight: 3,200 lb (1,451 kg)
- Engine: 1 × “Allison 250-C20B“
- Maximum speed: 130 knots (224 km/h)
- Range: 374 nmi (430 mi, 693 km)
- Service ceiling: 13500 ft (4,115 m)
- Rate of climb: 1350 ft/min (6.9 m/s)
SA 341/342 The Gazelle is a french light multi-role helicopter. It was developed and produced by the french company “Aérospatiale” in cooperation with the british “Westland Helicopters” in 1967. It was produced under license in Yugoslavia and Egypt. In Yugoslavia, the license was managed and coordinated by the Aeronautical Technical Institute, and finally the Gazelle helicopter was assembled in the “SOKO” Aircraft factory in Mostar. Engines for this type of helicopter were produced in the engine factory “21. May ” in Rakovica, and other assemblies were made by subcontractors, members of the aviation industry that existed at the time, within Yugoslavia.
Gazelle helicopters were in operational use in France, Great Britain and in the countries that emerged from former Yugoslavia after the disintegration, as well as in many countries around the world. They have been used in many armed conflicts as combat helicopters as well as for air medical transport.
The Gazelle helicopter was very popular in the world in the civil version, and as such, it was used as part of the fleet of the Helicopter Service of the Republic of Srpska. Due to the complicated procedure of procurement of the spare parts from the manufacturer and the fact that the production of the helicopters stopped a long time ago (1996), further maintenance, according to all standards prescribed by the European Aviation Safety Agency, became too expensive, and in some cases not possible.
After a detailed analysis, the Helicopter Service of the Republic of Srpska decided that due to the stated restrictions, the Gazelle helicopter would be withdrawn from flight operations.
SA 341/342 Gazelle
- Crew: 1 pilot
- Capacity: 4 passengers or a recumbent patient + companion
- Length: 11.97 m
- Main rotor diameter: 10.50 m
- Height: 3.15 m
- Empty weight: 975 kg
- Max. Takeoff weight: 1,800/2000 kg
- Engine: 1 × Аstazou IIIА / Astazou XIV М
- Maximum speed: 310 km/h
- Range: 650/754 km
- Service ceiling: 6000 m